As a PADI Assistant Instructor you will gain further experience of being a role model professional diver, and gain certain instructional responsibilities which is a great way to build confidence on your way to becoming an OWSI.
The Assistant Instructor course is the first part of the PADI IDC, and is run over 4 days.
You will build on the knowledge gained during your Divemaster course, and focus on developing teaching skills, and your understanding of the PADI system of diver education.
The course is broken into 3 modules:
- Knowledge Development — through self study, quizzes & presentations
- Confined Water — Skill review & assessment, workshops & presentations
- Open Water — Workshops, rescue assessment & presentations
Upon successful completion of your AI course, you will be authorized to teach:
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty
- Project Aware Specialty Courses
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving (in Pool or confined water)
- Conduct PADI Seal Team Aquamissions
- Teach Classroom sessions (Under Indirect Supervision From PADI Instructor)
- Present initial skills training in confined water dives (Under Direct Supervision From PADI Instructor)
- Evaluate surface skills in open water (under Indirect Supervision From PADI Instructor)
- Teach Digital Underwater Photography Specialty Course & Emergency Oxygen Provider courses after gaining the appropriate ratings from our PADI Course Director.
Course Price: £199
- All swimming pool time & fees
- Refreshments, nibbles, snacks etc
- Use of Dive cylinders & weights if required
- ALL your Air fills.
Price Does Not Include:
- Course materials.
- Fees payable directly to PADI for membership application