Self Reliant Diver
Ever been separated from a buddy?
Ever been with a buddy you aren’t sure about?
Ever wanted to sharpen your own skills to look after yourself better?
The PADI Self Reliant Diver course is an introduction that will help you to develop the skills, knowledge and techniques necessary to rely on yourself first whether you are diving with a buddy or not.
During this one day course (3 open water dives) you will learn:
- The value and application of the buddy system,
- Potential risks of diving alone, and how to manage those risks,
- The value of equipment redundancy, and what back up equipment is needed,
- Dive planning and gas management.
An independent air source is compulsory, a spare mask; spare bottom-timer and depth gauge (dive computer); dive knife (where permitted locally); DSMB and reel, with enough line for the maximum planned depth; and a surface-audible signalling device are all mandatory items of equipment.
- Be a PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER (or Equivalent Level with other agency)
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives
- Be at least 18 years old
Course Price: £249
* Because the focus of this course is self reliance, you will be expected to have all of your own dive gear, including redundant gear also. If you need to hire anything, please discuss this when booking.